A quick and simple creamy curry dish with chickpeas, veggies, and a hint of coconut! So easy – it’s ready in just twenty minutes, plus it’s healthy!
- ½ white onion, diced
- 1 large carrot, peeled and thinly sliced
- ½ red pepper, thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons oil
- 2 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 2 14-ounce cans coconut milk
- 3 tablespoons channa masala powder
- 1 teaspoon Indian red chili powder (or 2 tsp cayenne)
- 2 cups chopped tomatoes
- juice of one lime
- 1 teaspoon turmeric (haldi) powder
- 1 15-ounce can chickpeas/garbanzo beans or 15 oz boiled chick peas
- 1 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- juice of 1 lime
- ¼ cup cilantro, chopped
- optional: cooked white rice
- Add onions, garlic, carrots, red peppers and oil to a large pan or nonstick skillet and sauté over medium-high heat 5-6 minutes until veggies are tender. Add garlic and cook another minute or so until garlic is fragrant.
- Add coconut milk, channa masala powder, lime juice, turmeric powder, chickpeas, red chili powder and salt. Continue to cook and stir until chickpeas are heated through (about five minutes). Stir in cilantro. Taste and add salt if desired. Serve warm over rice and top with additional cilantro. Enjoy!